I was in need of some energy and I had all these ingredients in my cupboard so I thought I would go ahead a make an easy and very nutritious dessert.
When my blood sugar drops I suddenly feel quite faint so it’s important for me to eat several times a day (which is harder said then done in a fast paced working environment)
What you need: (I made 8 medium sized balls) I used the exact ingredients below.
- Chocolate protein powder (1tbsp)
- Coconut butter and oil (1 tbps)
- Vanilla extract (1 tsp)
- Almond flour (2 tbps)
- Maple syrup (optional) (2tsp)
- Dates (4 dates into paste)
- Hazelnuts (around 10) for some crunch
- Cinnamon (1/2 tbsp)
- Nutmeg (1/2 tsp)
- Desiccated coconut (enough to roll balls in) (2 tbsp)
- Pit the dates and mush into a paste / used a high speed blender
- Add all the ingredients above into a bowl
- Using food gloves make mixture into a paste (it should be firm and sticky)
- Separate mixture and roll into balls then into the desiccated coconut
- Place in the fridge or freezer (at least 2 hours) then eat 😊
I have written about the nutritional benefits of most of these ingredients in my previous post so please do check them out too.
*PS. This is great for kids as it does not involve any cooking and it’s fun to make
That’s all friends