This is a beautiful raw dessert which is easy and fun to make, nutritious and full of flavour. It has a touch of a Persian taste due to its rose water addition.
- Handful of Raw Almonds
- Edible Rose water (1 tsp)
- Salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla extract, coconut sugar (1. tsp each) (1/2 tsp for salt & nutmeg)
- (Save some almond flour for the end)
What to do:
- Grind whole almonds in a food processor until it forms a powder (1-2 minutes)
- Add all the ingredients into a small bowl and mix
- Wet your finger tips – then form mixture into a small ball or shape of your choice
- Slice a few raw almonds vertically
- Roll the ball into some more almond flour
- Stick the halved almonds into the bottom to create a handle / design
Once finished you can store in the fridge or in a small jar on the counter for a nice treat. It’s a unique recipe which I haven’t found anywhere else.
Enjoy making these with kids too! You can shape them into whatever you like, I find the ones I created look like little turtles.
Don’t forget to check out Superfood Lab in Hong Kong, they have an array of delicious and nutritious products. Find them at: http://www.superfoodlab.com
That’s all friends