Bean dips are not so common in Asia and if found most of them contain cream/milk or are made of chickpeas (which many of us cannot digest and end up feeling bloated) So I love to make my own which is free from gluten, dairy and low in salt and sugar.
- Whole red pepper (capsicum)
- Tahini paste
- One can of cooked and drained Cannellini beans (white beans)
- Salt, pepper, paprika
- Whole Garlic, 2-3 shallots
- One juice of a lemon
- Chilli sauce (optional)
- Turn your oven on to 160°c
- Wash and de-seed your pepper
- Onto a baking tray add the pepper, shallots and garlic
- Brush with some oil and sprinkle with sea salt
- Place the pepper face up for 10 minutes then face down for the remaining time
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Add all of the ingredients listed above into a food processor and blend till roughly smooth
- Transfer into a jar or dish and either eat warm or refrigerate
- This dip is great for eating with vegetable crudities, grissinis, crisps, as a salad dressing, add into your sandwich or even pasta sauce!
- The paprika gives it a delicious smokey flavour as well as making the colour pop, make sure to add it.
- Tip: because of the lemon and garlic this dip will be automatically preserved and can be kept for 3-4 days in the fridge.
That’s all friends