Here is a simple delicious and healthy alternative for your cookie craving. It’s gluten free and vegan filled with good fats and healthier sugars too.
- Chia egg
- Fine oat flakes
- Sorghum flour
- Coconut Butter (melted)
- Maple syrup
- Chopped walnuts
- Chopped dates
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Baking powder
Did you know that sorghum flour is the closest gluten free alternative to wheat flour meaning the consistency will always turn out best and your non gluten free friends may not even know the difference!
The dates, nuts and chocolate chips make this cookie crunchy yet the coconut butter, and chia egg make the cookie fluffy and soft!
Plus the cinnamon counteracts and helps with the digestion of sugar so even though it’s is healthy sugar you definitely won’t get that sugar rush at all.
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Eyeball your ingredients depending on how much you would like to make
- Add all of the wet then dry ingredients above into a large bowl and mix well
- Place parchment paper into a baking tray
- With a tablespoon add the cookie dough on to the baking tray (I chose for a chunky circle shape)
- Wet your fingertips and press the dough down
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Turn off the oven and leave the cookies to cool down naturally (unless you can’t wait to eat them of course) ☺️☺️