I’ve been drinking resistant potato starch (not potato flour!) everyday for the past few years and I would to know share this secret with you, I also just recently added Chinese yam (Shan yao) to the mix.
It’s not a carbohydrate and it is digested very differently to food. It’s a special form of fibre that is converted into fat and feeds good cells and bacteria similar to a prebiotic.
It’s a little bit hard to get the correct amount from foods but the following foods do contain some of it….green bananas, raw potatoes, cold rice, plantains. I think its much easier taken as a supplement powder.
A superfood for your gut!!
Benefits of the two powders:
- Gut healing
- It feeds good bacteria
- Weight loss
- Cell repairing
- Levels blood sugar / hormone imbalance / insulin resistance
- Great for auto immune conditions
- Low carb high fat food
- Heals intestines and colon
- Lowers PH levels of our digestive system
- Satisfies hunger
- Stimulates digestive blood flow
- Inhibits growth of bad bacteria
- Strengthens and nourishes your spleen and kidneys
- Soothes and regulates sleep
- Tones your Qi
- Helps with menstruation and bladder issues
Method and use :
- Start slowly with 1/4 teaspoon a day then work up to 3 times a day and then increase to 1/2 teaspoon on an empty stomach and before meals.
- You will see results within 2 days.
- Must be diluted into water or a smoothie, into cool or cold water or tepid water. No hot water.
- I used Bob’s red mill brand found on Iherb. Iherb Discount Code: QWV374
- Shan Yao (Chinese yam) is inexpensive and found in all grocery / Chinese medicine stores in Hong Kong / asian markets around the world.
- I grind them up in my blender and mix the powders together for easy consumption.
It’s paleo, gluten free and has no taste, give it a try and let me know.
That’s all friends