This recipe is free from nuts, meat, dairy and gluten. It’s still very delicious and comforting. I’m going to show you how to make this quick preparation one-dish weeknight dinner using healthy ingredients you may not have put together before yet its simple easy and very tasty.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- Sweet potato / white potatoes (you also add in carrots, swede)
- Cauliflower head
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Rice milk, vegan butter
- Vegan cheese
- Vegan and GF mince (made from plant protein)
- Chopped Green beans
- Sliced White mushrooms
- Minced garlic
- Free from sundried tomato pesto
- Oil for frying
- Peel the potatoes, break apart the cauliflower and chop, add into a cold pot of salted water, bring to a boil and simmer till tender
- Drain and transfer back into the pot, add in the topping ingredients. Blend till smooth and thick using a hand blender.
- Heat the oven to 200°C
- For the filling, add in all the ingredients into a frying pan and sautée for 5 minutes
- You don’t want to overcook anything at this point
- Transfer the filling into an oven proof dish then layer on the topping
- With a fork score the surface and sprinkle on some more vegan cheese
- Bake for 25 minutes, it should come out nicely golden brown
*as it’s vegan it can be made ahead of time and cooked when necessary safely
** please double check your vegan products and make sure they don’t contain any fillers like wheatflour!