I love doing some food prep when possible, having healthy items on hand really helps fight any cravings / reaching for bad food. If you have any time to prep your food (even 15 minutes at night) it can save time in the coming week.
Aside from grabbing my green juice or overnight oats for breakfast, I combine healthy ingredients together into this quick pancake to eat on the go. It will keep you feel full and satisfied along with not spiking your blood sugar levels, keeping you alert and energised for the day to come.
Also, you can consume it as a dessert in the evenings, top it with some fresh berries, coconut yoghurt and a drizzle of organic maple syrup!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 3 minutes per pancake (depending on the thickness)
Ingredients: (made 10 thin pancakes)
- Vegan protein powder (1 scoop)
- Chia egg (1)
- Organic vanilla extract (1tsp)
- Cinnamon (1/2 tbsp)
- 250ml plant milk / water
- Baking powder (1tsp)
- GF flour of your choice or blend of brown rice, red rice, tapioca, quinoa, buckwheat, arrowroot) (1/2cup)
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Optional to add in a sweetener, brown rice syrup / maple syrup / banana / date paste (1/2 tsp)
*Use a cook non-stick or cast iron pan for best results
- As always make your chia egg before commencing (1tbsp chia : 3tsbp water)
- Put all the ingredients into a large bowl and whisk until smooth
- Into a warm pan add in the coconut oil / butter each time you cook a pancake
- Ladle in the batter, flip when a few bubbles are formed, cook until golden brown
- Repeat the process until the batter is used up
- Store in a glass container (preferably the same shape) and keep in the fridge for 4 days
- Heat up if necessary before consuming