Yet again I’m about to embark on another detox journey and in preparation I’m eating as clean as possible. I like to include lots of soups, broths and juices which are high in nutrients which can give me the best results. Even if you are not doing a detox it is important to give your digestion a break, so here is homemade special recipe full of wonderful ingredients.
If the summer seems to hot for soup then just cool it down a bit and drink it lukewarm; the spices inside are great for your gut, skin, immune system and give you the required energy you need. I try to pack in as much as I can and simmer it for a few hours.
- Ginger, Galangal, Turmeric, Garlic
- Shallots, Thai Basil
- Cabbage, Celery
- Reishi / Shiitake mushroom
- Thai Chilli, whole Lime
- Black pepper and coconut oil
- Peel chop and dice roughly
- Lightly fry the ingredients first to release some of the aromas
- Add in filtered water, just enough to cover the veggies, you can add more in later
- Simmer on low until everything is nice and soft
- Strain and only keep the liquid